Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Back?

Well, it's been almost a year since I put anything on this blog. Strange enough to say but not much has really happened in that whole time except for the last 6 months. So here's a quick update.

September 09
  • I finally quit working the door at Estelle's in progress of moving to Las Vegas.
  • I had a going away party at Estelle's that was very successful. If you were there I thank you and I swear, I am leaving some time. (Technically I did leave. I just haven't made it to where I want to be yet, physically or mentally.)
  • I packed up all my stuff and moved to the U of Woo to prep for the move to Vegas.
October 09
  • I decided to finally get my teeth fixed. I started the process to get them removed.
  • I spend time in and around Dixon with old friends.
November 09
  • More appointments are made for more dental work. 2nd round of tooth removal.
  • I spend the first birthday in 8 years sober and not playing grabass with random people and friends. It wasn't as fun as everyone always told me it used to be.
December 09
  • After spending 3 months at my Mom's house and having recurring monthly bills, I find that funds are running low. I go back to work at Estelle's. First two weeks are without any teeth in my head.
  • I begin the process of finding couches to crash on while in Chicago. Based on the thought that if I get an apartment I'll end up back in the same routine.
  • Christmas time and I get my new teeth! Best present I've given myself in decades.
  • New Year's Eve off. First time in a decade. Ended up at Double Door and had a great time. Local H and Electric Six played.
January 09
  • I continue the process of crashing on couches so as to not just stay working the door. I do this because I know I'm a creature of habit and ease.
February 09
  • I decide that I will be leaving for Vegas during the 3rd week of March. This way I can swing through Austin and see family as I go. Plus I might catch some of SXSW.
  • Departure date postponed so Estelle's can have more time to find replacements. Now I'm planning on April 1st to be my last day working the door at Estelle's.
So that's basically all that's been going on with me in a nutshell. I'm sure I've left out a lot of things but these are the important ones.

In other news, I'm slowly putting the word out that I'm looking for a bar management or security management job. I think that might be enough to keep me around Chicago. Keep you around Chicago? Yep. I have no plans set in stone. I'm open to possibilities as long as the possibilities are worthwhile.

I'm glad that I didn't find a sublease or an apartment when I came back. Even though it would make things a lot easier, if I had I'd be stuck. I'm already burnt out on the door again. I'm in need of more stimulation in some form.

No comments: