Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The time has come. I've started to look up information on renting a van for the move to Vegas. Finding some cheaper rates than I did 6 months ago. Right around $800 for a van for a week isn't too bad. Even though I'd rather just buy my own and drive out.

It looks like April 19th will be the start date. Now I just need to decide if I am going to drive through Austin to see family on the way through or if I just take the direct route to Vegas. Going through Austin would be nice, I haven't seen a lot of that family in a decade or more. Plus, if I go through Austin I figured I'd go through Roswell as I head to Vegas. I've always wanted to visit Roswell ever since I was a kid and heard about the UFO crash.

I originally told work that April 4th would be my last day. Well, they haven't found any replacements yet and the bar is closed for a week so I'm sticking around for a little while longer. Not much longer because I've given them more than enough notice and it's not really my responsibility to wait on them to find replacements. Otherwise I'd be sitting there when I'm 40 waiting for that big break.

As for today, it's a very bright, sunshiny day out in Chicago. Strangely enough I have nothing to do other than look up trip info. I'm trying not to do much to save money. Although I do feel like sitting at a picnic table, drinking coffee and drawing up plans for some kind of mechanical thing that would be over built so it never wears out. Which is what my Dad used to do whenever he was about to build something he could of just went an bought for $50. What ever it was he was building would always end up being 300lbs and built out of steel. Even if it was a coat rack.

So I guess it's time to start putting my own ads out for a replacement. Time to get this ball rollin'.

No comments: