Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's a Hipster Love Connection!

I admit, I go through the Missed Connections on Craigslist.com. There's some funny and yet very depressing stuff on there. Good material to go through for writing purposes.

Anyways, this one goes under funny for me.

-------------------------------------------------

tattooed guy in wicker - w4m - 20 (wicker park)

Date: 2008-05-14, 10:05PM CDT

I was walking with my guy roomate and you were with someguy also ..near damen and milwauk.. we were walking past eachother kind of fast. i was wearing black rayban sunglasses and a blue zip up hoodie with blue skinny jeans and red shoes a neck tattoo and my hair curly and half pulled back. lets party.

* Location: wicker park

-------------------------------------------------

Perfect descriptions for about 98% of the people that live or hang out in the Wicker Park area that is under the age of 27. Don't believe me? Go to Pontiac Cafe in the late afternoon or any 4am bar. Well, except Tavern, that place is filled with worse.

You have to love the ending. "lets party." Such a wide open sentiment. After reading things like this I often wonder what this person really means. Was it a catch phrase they picked up or do they actually mean the "hush hush" version of let's party? You know, the one where people snort a lot of blow and party for days on end.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't read things the way I see it.

No comments: