Thursday, July 03, 2008

Racist Doorman.

You know what I really can't stand. People who change stories to try to make an impact.

If you've followed a link to this page then chances are you know me. You've probably seen me at work doing what I get paid to do. I check id's and I keep the peace. If there's problems I try my best to take care of them in a more diplomatic way rather than just throwing people out.

When I check id's at the door it's pretty simple. Show me your id and if your of age, and it's a legal document, you get to come in. Technically, we don't have to accept any type of id that's not issued by the United States or State government. Some people have even said that we aren't supposed to accept passports. Passports don't list any type of descriptions such as; height, weight, hair color, eye color. Passports are also issued for many years and the pictures are rarely up to date. I do accept them though.

I definitely don't accept any type of foreign id that I can't read. Is that my problem that I can't read Arabic, Chinese, German, or any other foreign language? No it's not.

So to Christine P, who has tried to slander me on Yelp, get your story straight. I didn't refuse your friend entry because he was, as you said, "Arabic". I refused him entry because he didn't have a passport and I couldn't read his id. Now remember, I wouldn't have had to let him in even with his passport but I would have had he had it with him. It would have been a 2nd form of identification and the two would have correlated.

The racist card is used way to frequently with doormen. Just because I'm a pale red head doesn't mean I hate someone that has color to their skin. That would be a ridiculous assumption. Such is the mentality that someone would publicly say that I'm a racist due to your friend not having the proper identification.

I wonder if I can sue her for public defamation? Any lawyers that read this please feel free to contact me. I'll give you a cut of the settlement. The review doesn't list me personally but I was working that night.

No comments: