Friday, September 29, 2006

I'm Back.

Got in from Vegas last night around 6:30pm.

Late Tuesday night I started feeling a lot better. What ever was messing with me finally passed it's course. So that left me with just Wednesday night to go out and actually want to do things.

I got a total of 4 pictures from the trip and none of them were of anything really good.

We walked up and down the strip a couple times on Monday and Tuesday, gambled a little, talked to a few people and went to a few of the little clubs that are on the strip. One we went into was Beacher's Rockhouse Bar. It was pretty small but I liked the atmosphere and the distractions. We didn't stay very long because there was only a handful of people in there. All the other big clubs that Travis wanted to take me to were closed through the week or they opened later than we were out.

Tuesday night was a little better than Monday. We went to Gilley's for Cheap Beer and Dirty Women Night. Beers weren't really cheap but the women were definitely dirty. Mud Wrestling Style!! It was almost heaven... Chics wrestling in the mud, a mechanical bull, and the waitresses wore ass less chaps, a thong, and a bikini top.... I was fine with hanging out there all night.... but there were a few other places I wanted to check out.

We stopped by the Pepper Mill which I was told would be a nicer version of Estelle's. It was, it looked nice... we didn't stay.

Then we stopped by a local punk / metal bar called Double Down. Really good place, next time your in Vegas stop by there. It was like a mix of Delilah's and the Double Door but much smaller. When we stopped on Tuesday it was pretty dead. So I talked to the door guy and was bullshitting with him, telling him I was told to come here and asked if it got any busier. He said it probly wouldn't but to come back on Wednesday because they were having a few bands and it should be pretty busy.

Then we took off and went to a place called Freakin Frog. It was suggested by the same person that suggested Double Down. Horrible. We walked in and all the lights in the place were on, half of the wall had been just torn down (literally, dude was standing there with the sledgehammer in his hand) and it was like a Frat Party. I hate frat parties.... I looked at Travis and just nodded towards the door. His argument to stay was the fact that there were a ton of girls there. My argument was I'll hurt a frat boy when he tries to be cool.

Wednesday night we went back to the Double Down to check it out and see how the bands are. The place is pretty cool. They have a shot there called Ass Juice. Sounds pretty damn nasty so I didn't go for it. It's also the only place in Vegas that I found that actually had PBR. All the other places that we went to just looked at me strange because they didn't carry it and some of the waitresses had never even heard of it.

So as I walked into the bar I stopped and was talking to the doorguy that I had met on Tuesday. I was talking to him when out of the corner of the bar a group of people started yelling. "D!, D!!" I looked over and there was a group of guys that hang out at Estelle's. Travis just look at me and said, "Man, no matter where we go someone knows you." I always end up running into people I know where ever I go.

The first couple bands were pretty good and the last one wasn't. Which would explain why everyone left I guess. We left and headed back to the apartment and then I vegged out on the Xbox and Travis went to bed. He had some shit to do at about 7am and it was around 2:30am when we got there. Then Thursday came and it was off to the airport.

The flight was supposed to be at 11:05am but it got pushed back to 12:30. By the time we got off the ground it was about 1:20 and I got into Chicago around 6:30pm (with the time change, it was only a 3 hour flight). Then I hung out at Ivan's for a while, picked up my car, and went to Double Door for the Melvins show. Ended up at Estelle's, talked to a few people and came home.

Overall it was a good vacation. First time I've had that many days off in over 6 or 7 years.

No comments: