Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Stormy Weather.

Last night's storm was pretty wicked. Not that I needed a storm to keep me at home but it definitely did the job. At one point I was about to head down to the Double Door to see the Melvins and Big Business but the storm started up again so I stayed at home. At least I had a little company, a couple friends stayed most of the night at the house as well.

The storm also kept my Mother here over night as well. She just flew back from Austin TX yesterday. We had gotten dinner when she got back and just as we walked into the apartment the power went out. So she decided to stay over night since there were 85mph winds out near Dekalb. Just wouldn't be safe for her to drive the big conversion van 2 hours to home through the storm.

The neighborhood doesn't look too bad. Lots of branches both big and small were knocked down last night. I saw quite a few side mirrors knocked off of cars and a couple big trees fell across the roads. Didn't really notice any trees on top of cars in the close vicinity.

Power went out last night somewhere around 7:30pm - 8pm and it was restored about 3am. Figures that my bedroom light was on and woke me up when the power came back on.

I love big storms like that. The unpredictable factor was pretty high. Never know what could happen with such strong winds.

Heard rumors of a tornado touching down in Logan Square but haven't seen anything about it yet. Tornadoes were reported in the northern and western suburbs though.

Need to update my board game collection for next time.

No comments: