Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Old man.

I think I've finally became the old guy. Relatively speaking, since I'm not that old.

I'm the guy that likes to sit at home. I'm the guy that doesn't like to "party". I'm the guy that would much rather sit at home and have people over rather than meet up at a bar and spend money.

I'm the guy that either likes you or doesn't really care. The one that listens because he wants to or starts to look around because I just don't want to hear about how horrible your life is. Everyone's life is horrible in some way. Live with it or change it, the choice is yours.

I realize your job sucks, mine does too at times. If your really that upset about your job then get a new one. Just because you went to school for that particular thing doesn't mean you have to do that. One thing I've learned over the years is that my job doesn't represent who I am. Don't let it consume you, it's only 8 - 10 hours of your day. You've got another 14 - 16 hours of who you really are.

Jobs are just a way to secure income so you can live your life. They're not meant to be your life. Of course, some people have no life to begin with and so they make their job their life.

I don't spend much time out and about. Why? Because I like to spend time at home. I pay rent for a place to live, not a place to sleep. Thus, I try to fill it with things that I like and I don't make my home a place for people to come and aww over. It might not be the cleanest or the most picturesque but it's home.

Home is where you hang your hat, not your heart? This makes sense in different ways. My heart is not where I am. Hearts are not to be given to inanimate things. Hearts are for things that are extremely important to you. Which might include a few inanimate things that once belonged to someone that was extremely important to you.

I've never had a reason to "party". I've never had a reason to accept that into my life either. You can ask a person that was very close to me at one time. She still doesn't hear from me because she can't control her alcohol. It's a shame, sisters don't grow on trees.

People have said that they don't want to approach me because I seem to serious or agitated. That's just how my face settles when I'm bored. So I'm probably really bored when you see me.

I'm particular in certain ways that I don't want to get in depth about. It might make me seem like a bigot or a man. Either way, I know what I like and you might think differently.

As for now. I'm just agitated. Why? Because all these things go through my head on a daily basis.

I need to change a few of these. Time will tell. Until then, I keep doing what I do and in time it will all change. No need to bitch and moan until it's over.

Like water off a duck's back, it all slides away.

No comments: